These foolproof browned butter blondies are a dessert lover’s dream! With only a handful of simple ingredients and no mixer required, you’ll be sure to impress with this mouthwatering treat!
These blondies are one of my new favorite desserts. Right now, they’re my absolute favorite. I first made them three days ago, and I’ve already eaten WAY too many…even though I’m secretly about ready to make another batch!
If you want a treat that your family will gobble up and bed for more, this recipe will be your new best friend.
These browned butter blondies are bake sale blondies. They’re bakery quality blondies. They are truly SO delicious that I can’t say enough good things about them.
I don’t like to be bossy, but…just make them.
Also, quick shout out for keto folks who might be here looking for a recipe for low carb blondies. Be sure to click through for a recipe that better fits your lifestyle.
Ingredients in brown butter blondies
Butter – I like to use salted butter for more flavor. You’ll need a lot of butter and I think the salted adds a lot of extra flavor. Unsalted works just fine as well.
Brown Sugar – This is what adds sweetness, super moistness, and butterscothy flavor to your blondies. These blondies have a lot of sugar…but is there really such thing as too much?
Eggs – I use large eggs for all of my recipes.
Bread Flour – Bread flour produces a chewier cookie or blondie. Because of this, half of the flour is bread flour and the other half is all-purpose flour.
All-Purpose Flour – Regular flour gives you the right bulk and sturdy texture. Pairing it with bread flour gives you the absolute perfect texture!
Baking Powder – We just want a little bit of rise to these blondies and baking powder does the trick!
Vanilla Extract – I love to toss some vanilla in to help enhance the flavors. I’m not an extract snob though, so feel free to use the cheap, artificial stuff!
Salt – If you’re newer to baking you might be confused about putting salt into a sweet treat, but let me tell you…it actually helps bring out the flavor even more by balancing the sugar just right.
Toffee Bits – I used a whole bag of crushed up Heath bars. This is my go-to ingredient for any recipe that uses toffee. I think the little bit of added chocolate is just…perfection.
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter (3 sticks)
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups medium ground Heath chunks
- Unwrap the butter and slice it into chunks of about 2 tablespoons each. Brown the butter by melting it in a medium saucepan over medium heat until amber brown, and stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes. Butter will get foamy and have a sweet, nutty aroma.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with either cooking spray, butter, or parchment paper.
- Stir together the browned butter and brown sugar until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one by one, stirring between each add. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined. Batter will be thick and floppy.
- Gently fold in the Heath chunks and scoop the batter into the prepared pan. Use the spatula to press the mixture down evenly across the pan.
- Bake the browned butter blondies for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Let them cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
Be sure to properly prepare your baking dish to make sure the blondies don’t stick.
Don’t be afraid to brown that butter until it gets a little more brown than you’re comfortable with. Keep a close eye on it, but understand that pushing the limits just a bit produces an even richer flavor!
Store blondies at room temperature in a ziploc bag for up to 4 days.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 438Total Fat: 24gCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 0gSugar: 45gProtein: 3g
Any Nutritional Information provided is an amateur estimate. Please verify with your own brands and ingredients if nutrition is important to you.